Sun HPC Software, Developer Edition 1.0 for OpenSolaris
June 25, 2009 Leave a comment
Yesterday we announced Sun HPC Software, Developer Edition 1.0 for OpenSolaris, which provides a pre-configured, integrated development environment to enable developers to quickly and efficiently create, debug and deploy parallel applications. It takes advantage of virtualization for easy installation and seamlessly integrates with a cloud environment for extreme scalability.
At a Glance
– Fully featured HPC development environment distributed as a virtual machine (VM).
– Pre-configured as a grid enabled, virtual HPC cluster comprised of three OpenSolaris zones.
– Turn-key parallel application development environment with distributed resource management and cloud connectivity built in and ready to go.
– Sun Studio and Sun HPC ClusterTools come pre-installed and configured, providing Fortran, C and C++ compilers, MPI libraries, performance analysis and debugging tools, high performance scientific libraries and an intuitive IDE for application development.
– Sample applications are included in the installation to get you up and running quickly. Full Story